Your manuscript must certanly be a concern for publication in Tobacco Control
Category : Pay For Papers
- If the movie shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal stats, writers want to demonstrate that permission was obtained. If your patient permission kind had been given to the relevant article, you don’t have to give this once again when it comes to video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Usually they are standard choices from your own modifying pc pc computer software. a guide that is comprehensive available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail so will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the Hightail site. Please range from the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will enable us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten because of the right time which you get back the modifications for the article proof, at the really latest. Take note that in the event that you don’t correctly label your video clip or you miss out the due date, this could cause delays in book of both your article therefore the video clip.
All video clip abstracts is likely to be examined for suitability because of the editorial publication and team is certainly not assured. In certain situations editors may request edits towards the video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the extensive research article on the internet and additionally posted individually regarding the journal’s YouTube channel. These are generally posted beneath the exact same copyright terms whilst the associated article.
Article processing costs
During distribution, writers can decide to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can decide to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard option of black colored and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web page or online-only color figure costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please follow this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available as quickly as possible, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. All research articles must include a Data Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs will likely be very theraputic for the whole research community.
Please find additional information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below specs such as the needed article lengths, pictures, dining dining table restrictions and guide counts. Your message count excludes the title web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts should always be since succinct as you can.
For further help when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available on the BMJ Author Hub. right Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and marketing your paper. You might also desire to utilize the language modifying and interpretation solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
If the article is accepted you are able to make the most of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a totally free solution to assist you increase your article’s reach.
Articles reporting research may be full size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be manufactured for this, especially in the way it is of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits regarding the instance for extended documents on a basis that is case-by-case but documents more than 5000 terms will never be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise acceptable paper offered the area limits associated with the log.
Writers includes a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the research the following:
- What exactly is currently understood about this topic. In 2 or three solitary sentence bullet points please summarise hawaii of clinical knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, perhaps perhaps not obscure.
- Exactly just What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this subject.
- Exactly exactly exactly What this research adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ just What do we now understand because of this research that individuals failed to understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources only as required
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not exceed 1500 terms, that can consist of one dining table or figure.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication must certanly be a optimum of 500 terms, 10 sources, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted when you look at the log must be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered when you look at the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a brief practices section, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Unique communications are papers that don’t report initial research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or breakdown of a specific topic. As a whole these must certanly be 3500 words or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, often concerning a certain topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, will include an abstract with all the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports regarding the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start by having a statement that is precise of primary objective associated with the review. The main focus of the declaration should really be led by if the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It must consist of information regarding the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Data sources – a summary that is succinct of sources should really be offered, including any moment limitations. Prospective sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and published indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, sources identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. If your bibliographic database is used, the actual indexing terms useful for article retrieval should really be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or peoples subjects).
- Study selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for step-by-step review from among studies recognized as highly relevant to this issue. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, outcomes, or designs that are methodological. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements ought to be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially writing an essay identified studies that came across selection requirements must certanly be stated.
- Information removal – directions useful for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and credibility (such as for example requirements for causal inference) ought to be described. The technique in which the rules had been used must be stated: for instance, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, must be stated. Techniques utilized to have these total outcomes should always be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes ought to be followed closely by self- self- self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise quantities of analytical significance. Evaluations of testing and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow up, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be plainly stated, limiting generalisation to your domain of this review. The necessity for new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and recommendations)
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.